- Van Gogh, his images are always read by people as images of his madness and depression, but they can just be paintings not related to his depression.
- When an author writes something down, it is a connection between the reader and author.
- ‘A texts unity lies not in its origins but in its destination’
- ‘The birth of the reader must be at the cost of the author’
- Theater of the Absurd – movement that was around at the time he wrote the book. Contained meaningless actions and events, it was left to the viewer to interpret what they saw.
- Sherrie Levine – After Walker Evans, what is the difference between re-produced images and the originals?
- Cindy Sherman, created images in a film-like style
- Exposing the author function