I decided to test what my installation would look like all set up at home. I used masking tape to stick it to the ceiling, which is I admit a bit different to how I will be securing it in the gallery, I’ll be tying it to metal wires that are on the ceiling, but I just wanted to see what it would look like. I spaced each ribbon out so every piece could sway and move, and so that each photograph could be seen by people walking around the gallery. I have found out that my space in the gallery will be by the window at the left hand side of the front of the gallery. I’m quite happy with this space, as long as I have enough space to suspend my ribbon, the people organising the spaces knew I needed ceiling space and something to suspend my installation from so I trust them.
I really liked how my installation looked all set up, It actually looked better than I thought. I was worried that it would look a little too handmade, and look a bit tacky, but to me it looks good. I am excited to see what it will look like in the gallery. I did decide that it needed a few more paper flowers sewed onto it after I saw it set up.
The suitcase is made to look like it has spilled open, throwing the contents around and all the photographs flowed out of it. I think it does achieve this, I will just need to neaten up how the ribbon looks tied around the slinky.