To be honest, I didn’t really understand what the presentation was about. After listening to it, I think it is about how we interpret images, as some signs mean the same to a whole group of people. Like when we see a drawing if a tree, we know it is a tree and can read that in an image. This can help us to read deeper into images.
- Text, Writing, Reading and Audio
- The sound-image is sensory because the psychological imprint of the sound makes an impression on our senses.
- Semiotics- Cognitive, Cultural and Literal, Social, Visual, Pictorial.
- Photographs are built in ways we must learn to read, this is an important social dimension in semiotics.
- A photograph is iconic, a real form of representation, a reproduction of an object.
- Signifier – Image
- Signified – Meaning
- Symbols are layers of information so we can understand something.